Personal property appraisals prepared by Lisa Kroese, CAGA Certified Appraiser
We appraise fine art, antiques, personal property, household contents, business and commercial assets. We follow Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP) guidelines and adhere to CAGA's code of ethics.
Expert Estates provides written appraisal reports for any of the following purposes:
- Equitable Distribution
- Business Liquidation
- Asset tracking
- Litigation Support
The training each CAGA member is required to complete includes the USPAP and appraisal report writing.
Special areas of emphasis include Internal Revenue Service appraisal requirements, estate and gift appraisals, charitable donation appraisals, bankruptcy appraisals, insurance appraisals, appraisals for divorce, and casualty loss appraisals, and courtroom expert witness education with special emphasis on appraisals for courts and testifying in court.
Certification The Certified Appraisers Guild of America confers the professional membership designation CAGA to recognize the completion of the appraiser's certification education. Members are professionals who have completed the certification process. In addition, the members have made a commitment to the Certified Appraisers Guild's Code of Professional Ethics and to the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice.
Appraisal fees for on-site and off site time include inspections, consultations, research, documentation and other administrative time and meetings are $150 per hour, with a 2-hour minimum. We average 1-2 hours of research and documentation time for every hour of inspection time. Flat appraisal fees start at $650 and go up from there depending on number of hours involved.
Daily Rates are set at $1,200 per day, flat rate services are available once we have determined the size of the estate and scope of work.
Expert Witness services including deposition, arbitration and court appearances are charged at $200 per hour, with a 4-hour minimum. Designations may be made only with a signed contract and designation fee.
- Consultation to determine service needed and scheduling
- On-site inspection including inventory, measurements, photography and examination
- Research, market analysis and valuation conducted off-site
- Report writing and documentation. Each item (or group of items) will have a description, condition, value and digital photograph.
- Appraisals are compliant with the report writing standards of the Certified Appraisers Guild of America, the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP) and with IRS regulations (when required)
- Delivery of the appraisal in approximately 2-4 weeks, depending on the number of items appraised and the appraiser’s schedule. It may take longer in some cases.
- Reports are available by printed copy, CD-ROM or electronic transmission.
Appraisals conducted by appointment only in client’s home, business or designated location. Serving all of Kern County, Lancaster, Palmdale, Santa Clarita, Los Angeles and selected cities in Southern California. May travel for large projects.
All information pertaining to the appraisal is confidential. Access to the report by anyone other than intended users will be granted only with written permission from the client, or by court order.
Lisa Kroese, CAGA:
Professional Estate Liquidation expert and Certified Appraiser with the Certified Appraisers Guild of America (CAGA). Well researched and professionally written valuations. Experienced in appraising and selling fine art, antiques, vintage, collectible, estate, business and residential contents. Consulting, liquidating and marketing for estate sales ranging in value up to $70,000 each and selling individual works of art up to $150,000.